New Divide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Divide is a forum-based role-playing game slightly based on the Superhuman Registration Act arc of Marvel Comics. It is up to you to choose your path between the registered Army of Americannia and the rebellion of the Crimson Vindicate!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
*sigh*This was a bad idea from the beginning. None of us admins are interested in the site anymore, and I already know its been unoffically closed for a while now. But just for the heck of it...THIS RPG IS CLOSEDI am eminently sad that it went down before it could ever begin, but Yaka and Kit are MIA, I'm too busy to give it any time and Kallen is... well, she's Kallen. :PSee ya 'round~

Character Rules and Template

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kallen
Queen of Atlantis
Queen of Atlantis
Kallen

Character Rules and Template Empty
PostSubject: Character Rules and Template   Character Rules and Template EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:47 am

Attention all retarded kittens! Can you read this post? Read everything in it.
Reading the rules is obligatory, it is not available as choice.

Character Application Rules/Role-Play Rules:

1. You must be accepted to role-play here. To become accepted place an application in the Metahuman Matriculation forum after you have read all the rules. Make sure that you read all the rules in the rules forum and follow them. Reading a little bit or skimming through them won't do you any good.

2. For the title of your application it should be the name of your character, and nothing but the name of your character.

3. When making a character, you can choose between Human or Metahuman as the Race. If you're using a Custom Race, you may use that one instead of the two mentioned above. If you choose the Human race, you are to completely exclude the "Powers" section in the Character Template. You may however, replace it with "Abilities", if your character has any abilities he can use as a replacement for having no powers.

4. While making a character, you have to choose between two of the main forces - the Army of Americannia (Metahumans Registered With the Government) or the Crimson Vindicate (The Rebellion of Unregistered Metahumans). If you wish, you may become Neutral between both, and if you're not a Metahuman character then you are already neutral.

5. You can not, repeat, not be a character from any other media. This includes movies, shows, comics, anime, manga or newspapers. You can however, use the name or appearance of that person, or base your character on him.

6. You can not, repeat, not be a real life person. Meaning, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Hitler, Napoleon, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc. are not allowed.

7. Do everything the Moderator checking over your application tells you to do. This Mod is responsible for checking to see if you will fit into our community and storyline, as well as for your final acceptance into New Divide and moving your profile on to the Accepted Characters Forum/Subforums.

8. We will not accept profiles that we believe to be inappropriate for the RPG. These include, but are not limited to: Sex freaks, drug dealers, pimps, women abusers, druggies rapists.

9. If you are told that you need to fix something, do not put what you need to fix in the next post. Make sure you edit your first post and fix what needs to be fixed. After you do that you can reply in the thread to tell the person checking it over that you fixed it.

10. Each section of a profile must contain at least one well-defined paragraph (3 to 5 lines).

11. Do not ever post in anyone else’s profile. You may only post in your own.

12. When you apply, please use the template found in this topic. If you wish to add more to your profile, that's fine. But remember that you have to add what your Mod tells you to add.

13. To make a character of a race that isn't a Metahuman or a normal Human Being, you must look in the proper topic and post up a profile for this new custom race. To use the race that belongs to another player, you must get in touch with the player who created the race you desire to have a character of. Please note that you need to be here for 1 month (full-time membership) in order to make your own custom race.

14. And of course, the third Golden Rule: USE COMMON SENSE. I'll leave aforementioned sense to understand what this means.

Last edited by Kallen on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.newdivide.forumotion.net
Iceman
Captain
Captain
Iceman

Character Rules and Template Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Rules and Template   Character Rules and Template EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:58 am

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Current Alias:[/b] [Meaning "hero" name. For example, if you're Peter Parker, your alias is Spider-Man]

[b]Aliases:[/b] [These include aliases other than your current one, ones that your character had in the past, or plain nicknames.]

[b]Age:[/b]
[I]DOB:[/I] [MM/DD/Year]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Identity:[/b] [Does your character have a secret identity, or does everyone know who he is? [u]Note:[/u] Americannian registered Metas have their identities automatically set to "Public". They can not have a secret identity.]

[b]Alignment:[/b] [Good? Bad? Or something in-between?]

[b]Race:[/b] [Keep in mind that Metahumans are simply Humans with Special Powers, and are the most common race.]

[b]Affiliation:[/b] [Does your character belong to a specific group, a team, or what? Be sure to put that here.]

[b]Base of Operations:[/b] [Where does your character usually operate?]

[b]Citizenship:[/b] [Is your character Americannian? If not, where is he from?]

[b]Occupation:[/b] [Does your character have a job? If so, what?]

[b]Education:[/b] [How much has your character studied?]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Appearance/Clothing:[/b] [Describe what your character looks like. Do your best to be detailed, and paint the people roleplaying with you a picture with words. Get your mental image down in text so other people can see who they're with. Make sure to include things such as: Physical build, hair, eyes, clothing, stature, unique markings, etc. Remember, using pictures are a great resource, but they can't replace words. (The length of this can vary as long as the idea of the character is conveyed enough.)]

[b]Personality:[/b] [Who Is your character? What are they like? How do they act on an everyday basis? At emotional extremes? In love and hate? What are their likes and dislikes? Fears and weakness'? Hopes and dreams? What do they look for in a partner? Do not describe just one aspect of your character - describe him or her in different situations. Tell us [i]who[/i] your character is. The length of this can vary as long as the idea of the character is conveyed appropriately.]

[b]Powers:[/b] [All characters start off very weak. Characters are allowed no more than three powers to start with. Before you make your powers, be sure to check the list of Unusable Powers to avoid any conflicts. When making your powers, be sure to take all aspects of your specific powers into account. Specifics, such as numbers and comparisons, are extremely encouraged and often times necessary. Bear in mind that a combination of lots of powers does not count as 1 power, it counts as as many the powers that are combined. For example, you can't say "Spider Power" is one power, it is a combination of "Super strength, speed, agility, etc." and all those count as separate powers.]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] [What has happened to your character that led them to discover their Metahuman potential? What happened after they found out who they were? What compelled them to join the side they joined? So, assassins, mercenaries, spies, ninjas, wanna-be ninjas, scientific experiments, and things like that better start talking. Keep in mind that your characters history should be the longest part of the profile.]

[b]Relationships:[/b] [This section is a completely optional section. you may remove it from your profile entirely if you wish, however you can also use it.]
----------
[I]Family:[/I]

[I]Mortal Enemy:[/I]
[I]Hates:[/I]
[I]Rival(s):[/I]
[I]Acquaintances:[/I]
[I]Friends:[/I]
[I]Good Friends:[/I]
[I]Best Friend:[/I]
[I]Likes:[/I]
[I]Dating:[/I]
[I]Loves:[/I]